FIREFIGHTERS wearing breathing apparatus tackled a shed blaze in Bishopmill on Thursday night.
Two appliances raced to the scene in Cockburn Place just after 10pm.
Two large garden sheds were engulfed by fire and there was concern that the flames could spread to nearby houses.
Fire teams quickly brought the blaze under control, although concern over possible toxic fumes from materials in the sheds meant they wore breathing equipment.
The police were also called to the scene as investigations continued to establish whether the fire was started maliciously.