A PUBLIC meeting will be staged in Lossiemouth next week, looking at the details of a controversial proposal which could see access to a major housing development created through residential streets.
A petition, organised by the Stop The B.A.D. (Boyd Anderson Drive) Access Group, has already attracted hundreds of signatures from people concerned about an amendment to the area’s development plan.
The issue surrounds a 42-acre site to the south of the town which has been the subject of long-standing plans for residential development.
However, a new element of the design could allow vehicles to access the development of up to 250 homes from Boyd Anderson Drive and the quiet cul-de-sacs of Halliman Way and Fisher Place.
In an original version of the proposal, for which a planning application has not yet been submitted, access would have only been provided from Muirton Road and the A941 Lossiemouth to Elgin road.
In a previous interview with The Northern Scot, Gillian Priestley, the leader of the Stop The B.A.D. group, said the response to the petition had been "almost universally favourable".
"Boyd Anderson Drive is a busy route, often congested, and the Moray Council is wrong to destroy quiet cul-de-sacs when it is unnecessary," she said.
Officials from Moray Council are expected to attend the meeting in Lossiemouth High School’s dining hall, which will be held next Wednesday night (June 18) from 7pm-9pm.