A WARNING has been issued to parents in Moray about the dangers of amber teething necklaces and anklets.
Suppliers claim that strings of amber beads relieve symptoms of teething, however Moray Council trading standards officers have said there is no evidence to back that up.
Some necklaces have failed safety tests and have been found to be a choking and strangulation hazard to young children.
Despite some necklaces having been recalled from the European market, trading standards officers have found that the necklaces and anklets are still being sold by sellers located abroad through the internet and online auction sites.
Local residents are being urged not to purchase these necklaces and put their child’s safety at risk.