THE Moray Road Runners’ 10k in Elgin was dominated by runners from Inverness Harriers.
The second race in the Northern Scot 10k series saw Graham Bee go one better than his second place at Nairn to reach the finish line at the Cooper Park ahead of the rest (33.11).
Completing a 1-2 for the Highland capital club was Dean Cunningham, with series champion Gordon Lennox (Forres Harriers) forced to settle for third.
For the second year running, Jenny Bannerman won the ladies’ race, storming home for Inverness in 36.44 as well as claiming 14th overall position.
Kenny Wilson was first runner in from the home MRR club, finishing fifth just ahead of Forres Harriers’ Paul Rogan.
Rogan won the male (V40) category while his daughter Kirstie was third-placed female.
Forres Harriers’ Stan MacKenzie claimed top prize in the mens’ super veteran (V50) section, pipping Keith and District’s John Goodall to the line.
Ladies V40 winner was Hilary Cameron (Forres Harriers) while Aberdeen’s Marion Lindsay claimed the women’s super veteran title.
Moray Road Runners chairman Gareth Jenkins was thrilled with an entry of almost 200 for the 10k plus a further 70 for the fun run.
Top 20 runners.
1. Graham Bee (Inverness Harriers) 33.11;
2. Dean Cunningham (Inverness Harriers) 33.31;
3. Gordon Lennox (Forres Harriers) 34.01;
4. Donnie MacDonald (Inverness Harriers) 34.24;
5. Kenny Wilson (Moray Road Runners 34.27;
6. Paul Rogan (Forres Harriers); 34.30;
7. Grant Boyne (Glasgow Uni) 34.58;
8. Stan MacKenzie (Forres Harriers) 35.18;
9.Stuart MacDougall (Bellahouston Harriers) 35.33;
10.Alan Reid (Peterhead RC) 36.14;
11.Steve Reeve (Moray Road Runners) 36.24;
12.Michael Geoghegan (Fraserburgh RC) 36.32;
13.Alasdair Campbell (Moray Road Runners) 36.40;
14.Jenny Bannerman (Inverness Harriers) 36.44;
15.John Goodall (Keith & District AAC) 36.53
16. Blair Laird (Moray Road Runners) 37.02
17. Kevin Ewing (Keith & District AAC) 37.03
18. Ray Creswell (Aberdeen AAC) 37.05
19. Ross Nixon (Inverness Harriers) 37.11
20. Colin Green (Moray Road Runners) 37.30
Don’t miss this week’s Northern Scot print version for full report, pictures and results from the event.