ANDREW de Moray was a towering figure in Scottish history, so it seems fitting that his memorial should rise high above the surrounding Black Isle landscape.
Not everyone is a fan of the snow but there's no denying its transformational properties in the Highland landscape, and nowhere is that more apparent than in the Aviemore area.
See more photos from our walk along the Moray coast between Cullen and Portknockie.
A selection of photos from the Active Outdoors team during 2014 - as featured in our autumn/winter magazine.
Liz Campbell of Roseisle, near Elgin, was the winner of our competition to win a kayak and watersports bundle worth over £500.
The inauguaral Etape Loch Ness took place on Sunday, May 4th, 2014 - see a selection of photos from the event, including John Davidson's experience of the event, which will feature in Active Outdoors in our newspapers on Friday, 9th May.
The Active Outdoors team took on a grade one winter climb up Morrison's Gully on Beinn Eighe.
A selection of photos from the 'Fish Road' - an old drovers and merchants road between Little Garve and Aultguish, followed by a return cycle through Longart Forest.
Keep reading Active Outdoors every week to see what the team get up to in 2014! You can send your own photos and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @active_outdoors or visit facebook.com/activeoutdoors
- Success for Burghead's Clavie night
- Will late buses mean missed flights?
- Big name announced for Elgin Comic Con
- Forres boss signs on for three more years
- VIDEO: Home double pleases Elgin boss
- £29,000 of drugs and cash found after motorist stopped in Elgin
- RAF interception of Russian planes "nothing to worry about"
- Nine goals make it nine straight wins for Mechanics
- Eadie does it for Elgin
- Kerr will add power to Rothes ranks