Part 2 of Ron Smith's story about Leeuwarden, the capital of the Friesland region of the Netherlands.
Published: Fri 29 Dec 2017
Leeuwarden is the capital of the Friesland region of the Netherlands. Read part 1 of travel writer Ron Smith's story of his visit there.
Published: Fri 17 Nov 2017
The previous Japan adventure was in the cities of Osaka and Kyoto, and from there it is easy to take the "Ocean Arrow" train to Kii Tanabe in Wakayama province. Wakayama means "poetry of the mountains".
Published: Fri 03 Nov 2017
Switzerland is such a land of contrasts, especially with its four languages. Each part fiercely speaks only its own language, to the exclusion of the other languages, apart from English, which they all seem to speak. It certainly makes it easier for us!
Published: Fri 20 Oct 2017
There is a surprising variety in the different parts of the Netherlands, if you go off the beaten track. One such area, largely unknown to UK tourists, is Zeeland Flanders.
- Amazon in firing line over unfair delivery charges to Moray
- Success for Burghead's Clavie night
- Will late buses mean missed flights?
- £29,000 of drugs and cash found after motorist stopped in Elgin
- RAF interception of Russian planes "nothing to worry about"
- Nine goals make it nine straight wins for Mechanics
- Eadie does it for Elgin
- Kerr will add power to Rothes ranks
- Elgin keeper welcomes competition for place
- Online school registration to launch next week