Published: 27/01/2018 18:05 - Updated: 27/01/2018 18:07

Chopper cuts Maroons down to size

Written byChris Saunderson

SCOTT Dunn was the hero for Lossiemouth as he fired two goals in a 3-2 win over Keith which saw the Coasters leapfrog the visitors in the Highland League table.

Scott Dunn's double won the game.
Scott Dunn's double won the game.

Dunn struck the winner seven minutes from the end of normal time and 'popped' his hamstring in the process of slotting the crucial goal.

With all three subs used by that point, hop-a-long Dunn was forced to limp his way through the remainder of the game and could face a couple of weeks out of action.

Dunn had fired Lossie into a ninth minute lead with a superb strike which rocketed past David Dey.

Scott Campbell came close to a second eight minutes into the second half when his 30 yard free kick was deflected on to the crossbar.

However, a minute later Ryan Farquhar made it 2-0 when he rounded Dey and rolled the ball home from an acute angle.

Unhappy Keith boss Dean Donaldson made a triple switch in the 57th minute when he hooked central defenders Bradley Manson and skipper Gary Mcnamaee and defensive midfielder Scott Begg, replacing them with Ryan Robertson, James Brownie and Jason Thornton.

The switch worked a treat and a minute later Berton set up on -loan Formartine midfielder Keiran Lawrence who flashed a left foot rocket into the net.

The game swung to Keith and when Cammy Keith headed home a Ryan Spink cross in the 76th minute the momentum was all with the Maroons.

Keith then claimed for a penalty when Keir Smith's cross was blocked by Lossie player-boss Ian Macrae.

Stewart Hutcheon fired a shot wide as the visitors looked the more likely to grab the three points.

However, Lossie nicked the win in the 83rd minute when David Wilson played in a teasing cross which Robertson and Dey both left and Dunn popped up to neatly sidefoot the ball into the net.

Keith had chances to level, most notably when Berton's shot was held by Cameron Farquhar a minute from the end of the 90 minutes and five minutes into added time, Cammy Keith and then Berton had shots blocked in quick succession.

Macrae said: "It was a really good win although when we went 2-0 up we took the foot of a gas a bit.

"They were on the front foot and we were getting deeper. I thought 'Chopper' (Dunn) was fantastic and was the best player on the park by a mile."

Keith boss Dean Donaldson said: "We were too slack in possession. The game turned when we got the first goal and I thought there was only going to be one winner.

"It is our mistakes that are costing us at the moment. There is enough fight and determination to get us wins."

< Back


Reddit Facebook Digg Twitter Bebo