Published: 19/03/2017 10:40 - Updated: 20/03/2017 09:58

Pollock inspires Forres comeback win

ANOTHER week, another sensational Forres Mechanics comeback.

Charlie Rowley’s side produced one of their trademark revivals to win 4-3 at Turriff United on Saturday, having been 3-1 down.

Mechanics, who lost 4-3 at Inverurie only days earlier, took the lead through Alan Pollock midway through the first half.

Things began to slide away from the Cans after Ally MacKenzie levelled for Turriff just before the break.

David Booth and Darren Wood both netted for the home side to put them 3-1 up just after the hour mark.

Read also: Cans' comeback hands Buckie first home defeat

However, Lee Fraser and Stuart Soane both netted their 20th goals of the term to draw Forres level with 20 minutes to go.

Pollock netted his second of the game on 87 minutes to complete the comeback.

Highland League table

Buckie Thistle remain on top after John McLeod’s 39th goal of the season was enough to earn full points against Wick Academy for the second week running.

Jags won 1-0 against a Wick side who had Sam MacKay sent off near the end, to lead the way on goal difference.

All of Buckie’s title rivals also won, though Rothes almost did their Moray neighbours a huge favours by giving champions Cove Rangers a huge scare at MacKessack Park.

The Aberdeen side, just a point behind Jags in third spot, were kept at bay by the battling Speysiders and the match was goal-less for 76 minutes.

Rothes resistance was finally defeated by Nick Gray’s late winner to take the points home for a relieved visiting team.

Brora stay second after thumping Clach 5-0 and Formartine United edged out Deveronvale 1-0, keeping their slim tititle hopes alive in fourth.

Goals were also hard to come by at Grant Park, as neither Lossiemouth nor opponents Nairn County could break through in a 0-0 draw.

Keith led Fraserburgh 2-1 at the break before a second half Maroons collapse gave Broch a comportable 6-2 win.

Scott Henry put the Buchan side ahead early on, only for Keith to hit back with goals by Mike Ewen and Kris Duncan before half time.

Once Ryan Christie grabbed a Fraserburgh equaliser straight after the interval there was only one team going to win, as Broch pulled away with strikes by Jamie Beagrie, Gary Harris and two from Paul Campbell.

Huntly beat bottom side Fort William 5-1 while second bottom Strathspey Thistle lost 7-1 at home to Inverurie Locos.

< Back


Reddit Facebook Digg Twitter Bebo