Cullen Art Group invites people to capture beauty of Moray coastal village
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
Cullen Art Group is organising a friendly event where it is inviting people to join in trying to capture some of the beautiful scenes around the village.
The hope is it will encourage them to enjoy art and take part in a community event. There will be no judging and therefore no winner.
It will take place on Saturday, June 25 with registration from 9-10am at the community centre. Registration is £2 for adults, free for under 16s.
Painting time is from 10am-2pm and all paintings should be handed in by 3pm at the community centre. All should have their names written on the front of the picture and, for under 16s, their age. There will be tea and biscuits on offer and sweets for the children.
The painting locations are:
- Between the pet cemetery and the golf club. Some benches are available along the road and by the beach. A few picnic tables.There are public toilets at the harbour and next to the golf club.
- Castle Hill. Benches on the hill and along the line and a few picnic tables. No toilets.
- The Auld Kirk. Plenty of places to sit. Sheila is going to see if she can get the key to the Kirk so the toilets can be used.
Things to bring:
- Your painting materials (any medium).
- A container for water for your brushes (and a bottle of water to top up).
- A board to rest on.
- A chair/folding table/easel.
- A packed lunch.
Wendy Hay, who has a BA in Fine Art and teaches Art at Lossiemouth High School, will be circulating round the participants during the event along with John Rose, one of the experienced members of the group, and both will be on hand to answer any questions you might have or give you any painting assistance if you would like it.
On Saturday, July 2, there will be a coffee morning at the community centre where all the paintings will be put on public display.
For more information about the event please contact Lyn from Cullen Art Group on firstname.lastname@example.org