Home   News   Article

General Election 2024: Just over 50 per cent vote in seat contested by Douglas Ross


By Jonny Clark

Register for free to read more of the latest local news. It's easy and will only take a moment.



Click here to sign up to our free newsletters!

JUST over half of people who were registered to vote in Aberdeenshire North and Moray East did so.

Votes are being counted at the P+J Live in Aberdeen. Picture: Beth Taylor
Votes are being counted at the P+J Live in Aberdeen. Picture: Beth Taylor

In the seat that exit polls give Conservative candidate Douglas Ross a 99 per cent chance of winning, the turnout was 54.75 per cent.

A total of 70,058 people were registered to vote, with 38,358 ballot papers to be included in the next stage of the count. A result is expected at around 4.45am.

The turnout was significantly higher in Gordon and Buchan at 63.23 per cent.

Votes being tallied in Aberdeen. Picture: Beth Taylor
Votes being tallied in Aberdeen. Picture: Beth Taylor

The constituency is being declared ‘too close to call’ with a 58 per cent chance of the Tories claiming the seat and a 42 per cent SNP chance.

A total of 44,014 votes will be taken forward to the next stage of the count. A result is expected at 5am.


Do you want to respond to this article? If so, click here to submit your thoughts and they may be published in print.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More