Home   News   Article

Sex offender from Lossiemouth downloaded images and videos of child abuse


By Ali Morrison

Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.



A SEX offender who downloaded images and videos of child abuse has been warned "all options" are on the table when it comes to sentencing.

Inverness Sheriff Court.
Inverness Sheriff Court.

Christopher Nagle of Ramsay Lane, Lossiemouth admitted two charges of downloading and possessing a total of 878 still images and 18 videos of child abuse on his mobile phone.

They were downloaded between February 6, 2019 and September 28, 2021. A third of the stills were of the most obscene with 13 of the videos also in the top category.

Fiscal depute Robert Weir told Inverness Sheriff Court on Tuesday that police got a tip off on August 10, 2021 that a Snapchat and an email account were being used to obtain the material.

A search warrant was obtained and executed on September 28, and Nagle's mobile phone was seized.

Nagle had been sentenced to a community payback order with 140 hours of unpaid work at Elgin Sheriff Court in 2019 for previously possessing images.

Defence solicitor Robert Cruickshank said that his client had completed all aspects of it other than the instruction to participate in a sex offender's rehabilitation programme called "Moving Forward Making Changes."

"This may have been thwarted by Covid," he told Sheriff Eilidh Macdonald.

Sentence was deferred until July 22 for a background report and Nagle's bail was continued.

However the 26-year-old was warned by the sheriff that a jail sentence remained one of the options available.


View our fact sheet on court reporting here




This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More