Home   News   Archive

NEWS

Elgin City sign defender Girvan from League 2 rivals Stranraer

Elgin City sign defender Girvan from League 2 rivals Stranraer

The seventh and possibly final signing of manager Allan Hale’s busy close season.


Funding boost allows Buckie Ladies to power ahead with Grant Park improvements

Funding boost allows Buckie Ladies to power ahead with Grant Park improvements

Buckie Ladies has been handed a four-figure boost to their plans to improve their Grant Park home.


POLITICAL LANDSCAPE: Continuity has not cut it as civil wars break out in the SNP and the Scottish Conservatives

POLITICAL LANDSCAPE: Continuity has not cut it as civil wars break out in the SNP and the Scottish Conservatives

Meanwhile Liberal Democrats head to London to represent the Highlands with a new UK government in place.


Buckie draw Dundee United in two national cup competitions

Buckie draw Dundee United in two national cup competitions

Five Highland League sides and Elgin discover who they play in the opening rounds.


Douglas Ross and the 99% chance: Why can exit polls not predict Moray?

Douglas Ross and the 99% chance: Why can exit polls not predict Moray?

Mr Ross was given a 1 per cent chance of winning in 2019, and won, and a 99 per cent chance in 2024, and lost.


The Zebecks reference Moray roots in ‘Roseisle’

The Zebecks reference Moray roots in ‘Roseisle’

Glasgow-based band met at Elgin Academy


Could Moray parents be paid for taking kids to school?

Could Moray parents be paid for taking kids to school?

Replace high-tariff contracts in rural areas.


New crossing increases safety and reduces traffic

New crossing increases safety and reduces traffic

Residents Jerry Kessell and Kathleen Robertson made a number of suggestions to roads department officer that would slow and reduce traffic.


PICTURES: Memorable Buckie Thistle testimonial for Shaun Wood

PICTURES: Memorable Buckie Thistle testimonial for Shaun Wood

The final hour of a talented defender’s long playing career.


Fochabers Food Stop launch summer hamper appeal to help struggling families

Fochabers Food Stop launch summer hamper appeal to help struggling families

A Moray community larder is appealing for donations to help struggling families through the summer holidays.


WATCH: Four out of four for Elgin City but manager sees room for improvement

WATCH: Four out of four for Elgin City but manager sees room for improvement

Post-match chat with Borough Briggs boss about new signings and Saturday’s big Hibs clash.


WATCH: Shaun Wood speaks about an emotional and memorable Buckie Thistle testimonial match

WATCH: Shaun Wood speaks about an emotional and memorable Buckie Thistle testimonial match

Full back’s 12-year stint at Victoria Park made him a Jags’ fans’ favourite.


Forres Highland Games goes international

Forres Highland Games goes international

The Forres Highland Games committee deserves credit for organising yet another attractive event for so many participants and spectators.


Young Buckie carer honoured with Saltire Award for volunteering

Young Buckie carer honoured with Saltire Award for volunteering

A young carer has been recognised for her contribution as a volunteer at a Buckie care home.


New additions for Forres Highland Games

New additions for Forres Highland Games

Women’s heavy events will be included for the first time in a packed bill of entertainment at Forres Highland Games.


Kathleen Robertson reacts after Conservatives lose both Moray elections

Kathleen Robertson reacts after Conservatives lose both Moray elections

AFTER her bid to win Moray West, Nairn and Strathspey failed, Conservative Councillor Kathleen Robertson has praised her opponent and new SNP MP.


PICTURES: All the action from the Moray West, Nairn and Strathspey count

PICTURES: All the action from the Moray West, Nairn and Strathspey count

It was a close race in Elgin between the Conservative candidate Kathleen Robertson and the SNP representative Graham Leadbitter.


Sing your ‘art out at sessions at Edinkillie Hall

Sing your ‘art out at sessions at Edinkillie Hall

Funded by tsiMORAY and the Scottish Government, the art and singing sessions provide space for self-expression and companionship.


School’s out for summer – let show season begin

School’s out for summer – let show season begin

The start of the school holidays also marks the starts the summer of agricultural shows


Nairn golfer looks forward to taking on best in the world at The Open

Nairn golfer looks forward to taking on best in the world at The Open

Dream come true as golfer set to play at his first major.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More